Fluid Plumbing are Gas Safe registered


All fields are required

Get a free quote

Need a plumber now?

Call: 07961 746015

Gas Safety Certificates for Landlords

gas safety certificates for landlordsIf you are a landlord it is your legal obligation to ensure that your rental property is covered by a Gas Safety Certificate. This obligation is not transferable to the tenant and a valid certificate must be obtained before any tenancy can legally begin. The certificate covers the boiler, flue and any appliances within the property such as fires, cookers etc. Even if you are using a letting agent, the owner still retains the responsibility of maintaining services and safety checks of all gas appliances in the building. Fluid Plumbing can supply you with the correct gas safety certificates for landlords.

It is advisable to ensure that any tenancy agreements include the proviso that access is granted periodically to maintain safety checks and servicing. If a gas engineer does find a fault with any appliances, you must ensure that the problem is rectified before it’s used again.

The law is on the tenants side, not the landlords – be warned!

There are several important factors attesting to the requirement for gas safety certificates for landlords. If you fail to adequately maintain your tenants gas appliances this could result in loss of life and as the responsible party you could face imprisonment or a fine of up to £20,000 or both. In the eventuality that the case is severe enough to be referred to Crown Court, the maximum penalty may be imprisonment, or an unlimited fine, or both.

Essential tips for getting the correct certification

ONLY EVER use a Gas Safe registered engineer.

You may contact Gas Safe Register on 0800 408 5500 or go to www.gassaferegister.co.uk to check that your engineer is legitimately covered to undertake any works.

If you are in need of any boiler services or Gas Safety Checks, call Fluid Plumbing on 07961 746015 without delay for a fast, professional service.

Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered.


Gas Safe Register has replaced CORGI registration. Find and check a registered gas business in your area. Only use a Gas Safe registered engineer.


Leave a Reply